1. EXCERPT: "U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke’s two-year fight to shield crisis-squeezed banks from the stigma of revealing their public loans protected a lender to local governments in Belgium, a Japanese fishing-cooperative financier and a company part-owned by the Central Bank of Libya."
With America on the BRINK of bankruptcy Libs (thanks to Nutsy Baloney and Dingy Reid), the LIBERAL CONGRESS allowed this clown Bernanke to bailout foreign banks:
a. Dexia SA (DEXB), based in Brussels and Paris, borrowed as much as $33.5 billion.
b. Dublin-based Depfa Bank Plc drew $24.5 billion.
c. The biggest borrowers were foreign banks an took 70% of the $110.7 billion.
d. Bank of Scotland Plc took $11 billion.
e. Societe Generale (GLE) SA, France’s second-biggest bank took in 5 billion.
f. Norinchukin Bank took in 6 billion.
g. Bank of China borrowed $198 million.
h. Arab Banking Corp (29% owned by the Libyan central bank) got at least 73 loans from the Fed. The biggest single loan was $1.2 billion in July 2009. Total: 35 BILLION.
So we're NOW in the business of bailing out FOREIGN BANKS!? Including CHINA's? SO what happens if/when they can't pay it back? Answer. The US taxpayer gets screwed AGAIN!
2. EXCERPT: "A March 16 Congressional Oversight report, tells a different story [on GM's bailout]. It estimates taxpayers will be out of $25 billion. Additionally, the report points out that "full repayment will not be possible unless the government is able to sell its remaining shares at a far higher price. Both the White House and the Congressional Oversight report omit the fact that during its bankruptcy, GM got a $45 billion tax break, courtesy of the American people. Over one year after the promises President Obama and his administration made about the auto bailout, a February piece on AutoBlog also confirms that GM will also get a $14 billion dollar domestic tax break."
So the Kenyan loses us 84 BILLION in a payback to his union buddies and he and his minions call it a SUCCESS?
3. EXCERPT: "Regulators have approved generous executive compensation at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the taxpayer-backed mortgage finance giants, with little scrutiny or analysis, according to a report published Thursday by the inspector general of the Federal Housing Finance Agency. The companies, whose fates are to be decided by Congress this year, paid a combined $17 million to their chief executives in 2009 and 2010, the two full years when Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were wards of the state, the report found. The top six executives at the companies received $35.4 million over the two years. Since Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were taken over in September 2008, the companies’ mounting mortgage losses have required a $153 billion infusion from taxpayers. Total losses may reach $363 billion through 2013, according to government estimates."
Bonuses were received by:
a. Charles E. Haldeman Jr., joined Freddie Mac as its chief executive in 2009. 7.8 MILLION dollar bonus for 2009 and 7.8 MILLION for 2010.
b. Michael J. Williams, got $9.3 million for 2009/2010.
So libs, WHERE is your outrage here as it was SO evident during Enron? Where is SEIU on this? Why aren't they trespassing on private property, scaring the hell out of a teenager, like they did the BoA exec in Maryland (while the cops watched)? WHERE is Sir Golfsalot's outrage over this like when he whined about other CEOs?
4. EXCERPT: "Two investigations found that Freedom of Information Act requests sent to the DHS were reviewed by Obama administration political appointees. Through the course of an eight-month investigation, the committee has learned that political staff under the DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano have corrupted the agency’s FOIA compliance procedures, exerted unlawful political pressure, on FOIA compliance officers, and undermined the federal government’s accountability to the American people."
NAUGHTY NAUGHTY Libs! FORCING compliance officers to violate FEDERAL LAW? Extorting, er, exerting UNLAWFUL political pressure? Could that be like when Obama attacks private citizens using the Office of the Presidency, i.e., Rush and Hannity? WHERE is the liberal outrage here? Where are the protests and the hangings of effigies from the lefties? WHERE is the DOJ on this? Wait, never mind. The DOJ is run by a criminal FOR a criminal FOR ANOTHER criminal named Soros, on the lam from French justice.
HOT: "After DHS issued a report in 2009 about “right wing extremist groups,” the secretary’s office communicated its concern to the DHS FOIA office, according to the IG report. The secretary’s office asked, “Have we actually turned over any documents at this point?” and later asked the FOIA office for a list of all 33 organizations that requested the right wing extremist report."
Imagine that. Asking for a report on WHO was requesting this report through FOIA? Can you say, targeted by DHS?
5. EXCERPT: "An Arizona sheriff says U.S. Border Patrol officials have repeatedly told him they have been ordered to reduce -- at times even stop -- arrests of illegal immigrants caught trying to cross the U.S. border."
Gee, the Gunny wonders WHO told them this? Obama? Holder? Napolitano?
6. Lastly, the Obama regime LIES when they say unemployment is at 8.8%. If THAT is true, then HOW is Gallup posting that unemployment is at 10.0% and even worse, underemployment is at a whopping 19.3%!
EXCERPT: "contrary to the federal government's recent job reports, Gallup's unemployment and underemployment measures suggest that recent job increases have not been sufficient to significantly improve the jobs situation so far in 2011."
Yet the regime says all is well, even as gas prices soar, food prices climb, and inflation is hitting our wallets and Sir Golfsalot could care less.
So liberals, consider this like Rush's "Open Line" Friday. PLEASE try to defend the actions of your master's corrupt regime. To us on the Right, your master Beezelabama's actions within his regime are criminal and there should be massive arrests by the DOJ/FBI IF they were run by honest people, not political hacks/crooks like Eric "GITMO" Holder.
We'll be waiting to hear from y'all.