BTW all, this is the same dumbass that wrote the laughable joke called, "The Living Constitution." THIS, brothers and sisters, IS the problem with America and that is, asshats without a clue, trying to force their views on the rest of us. The Gunny would bet a year's wages that little stephen would micturate in his diaper if he ever shot an evil old gun.
Once again, the fight to KABA is on again as liberal scum like Breyer begin to float their "trial balloons." A reminder to dumbass liberals everywhere...
"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."
What elitists like Breyer (a Clinton appointee) use in their anti 2d Amendment attacks is their focus on the preamble (a favorite lib target), "a well regulated Militia", as a justification to seek to limit the right of America citizens to own firearms. However, militias in America, from the earliest times, were considered to be all male members of the community, usually from age 16 to 55. Consider the following State’s laws concerning militias, some written when the Founders were young and impressionable men and under those laws:
1. In 1650, "every male over 16 to have in continuall readines, a good muskitt, or other gunn, fitt for service."
2. In 1724, "all militia men to show up on the same day with their guns…" This was done to ensure that all hands WERE armed and not borrowing someone else’s firearm.
3. In 1741, "that the inhabitants...be armed" and "every listed souldier and other house-holder" except calvarymen "shall always be provided with, and have in continual readines, a well-fixed firelock...."
1. In 1778: "all Male Persons from 15 to 60" were required to perform militia duty, and this likely included blacks, and later "every person liable to appear and bear Arms" meant that every one needed to own weapons.
1. In 1642, "Noe man able to bear arms to goe to church or Chappell or any considerable distance from home without fixed gunn and 1 Charge at least of powder and Shott."
1. In 1632/3, State law required any citizen who did not own a weapon be compelled to work and the work paid him the cost of the weapon provided to him by THE STATE!
1. In 1716, "That all Male Persons from Sixteen Years of Age to Sixty shall bear Arms."
2. In 1716, "allowing Three Months time to every Son after his coming to Sixteen Years of Age, and every Servant so long, after his time is out, to provide themselves with Arms and Ammunition". (This law exempted troops already enlisted in regular service) Failure to do this was a fining offense (as with every other state militia law).
1. In 1668, "every Male from 16 Years and upwards, to the Age of 60 Years, shall be furnished at their own Cost and Charge, with good and sufficient Arms, and constantly maintain the same, viz., a good serviceable Gun well fixed, one pound of good Powder, four Pounds of Pistol Bullets, or Twenty four Bullets suited to the Gun, a Pair of Bandeleers, or a good Horn and a Sword and Belt..."
1. In 1655 BMB (Before Mayor Bloomberg), "Besides the Generall stock of each Town Every Male within this government from Sixteen to Sixty years of age, or not freed by public Allowance, shall be furnished from time to time and so well furnished with Arms."
1. In 1757, "all men 17 to 55 to enroll in the militia."
"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason, Co-author of the Second Amendment, during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788.
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …" Richard Henry Lee, This should be example enough to the dumbest of liberals, including Sotomayor and Kagan, as the rest of the states had already followed suit and passed numerous militia laws, i.e., Virginia, Rhode Island. So the peramble route doesn’t work for the Left as traditionally, every able bodied male was considered a militia member and thus, falls under the Second Amendment.
The Founding Fathers declared at the creation of the US, that our RIGHT to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS "shall not be infringed." THAT is the original intent of the Founders Stephen, not your putrid "living Constitution." It can be said that the Founders learned much from the tyranny of a government and thus, they enabled future generations of Americans to be independent of the whims of a government gone bad, as we now see the tyrants in DC. Indeed, as the government encroaches on our freedoms, they seek to attack the one item that prevents them from ruling us, the Second Amendment, which, oddly enough, protects all of our other rights. Is it any wonder that liberals have become more bold, as they take away their mask, and show their hostility to our way of life, as they seek to kill the Second Amendment? WE the PEOPLE are the nation's rulers, not some unelected black-robed bastard with an ass that fits his chair. Our Founders defeated tyranny and in doing so, realized that the armed citizen was the best way to ensure that the government could never slip its leash and become an autocracy or a thugocracy as it is now.
One might consider that if the Left shreds the Constitution, making it null and void, that the Law of the Land, the very framework of the Federal Government, becomes null and void, and thus, the compact between the States and the Federal Government is null and void. If that is true, then the system they put in place is nothing more than an Autocratic rule by elites, which means that we are released from obeying it as they do not have the consent of the governed! We would have been, in effect, occupied by a foreign power and a state of war would exist. Our duty is then very clear:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
During the time that the Consitution was being debated, this appeared in the Philadelphia Federal Gazette, on June 18, 1789. "the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms." Moreover, it was Sam Adams that stated:
"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …" (Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789)
And it was Alexander Hamilton who wrote in the Federalist Papers (184-8): "The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
In closing, the ORIGINAL INTENT of what our Founders wanted for US was summed up by the FIRST President of the United States.
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
So Stephen, the Gunny did not even HAVE to go to Haaavahd Law Schooll to effectively piss on your tepid idea of the Second Amendment. The Gunny said it once, he'll say it again. If you come to take my guns, best bring some of your own. Oh and Stephen, don't just rule from the bench and have others do your dirty work for ya, come git ya some shitbird.