On Earth Day 1970, various liberal morons vomited:
Kenneth Watts, legendary dumbass ecologist.
1. "We have about five more years at the outside to do something."
2. "At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable."
3. "By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate…that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, `Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, `I am very sorry, there isn’t any.’"
4. "The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age." Kenneth Watt, Ecologist
Paul Ehrlich, the incredible babbling idiot from Stanford U: (they let this guy actually TEACH?) This clown was also in league with Obambi's "science" czar John "kill em all" Holdren!
1. "Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years."
2. "By… some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s."
3. "Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone." (Remember back in 1986 when Holdren predicted: "carbon dioxide-induced famines could kill as many as a billion people before the year 2020.")
Other assorted liberal morons:
1. "Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind." George Wald, Harvard Biologist
2. "We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation." Barry Commoner, Washington University biologist
3. "Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction." New York Times editorial, the day after the first Earth Day. (This is the same rag that predicted global warming and then global cooling as early as the 1890's!)
4. "It is already too late to avoid mass starvation." Denis Hayes, chief organizer for Earth Day
5. "Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions….By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine." Peter Gunter, professor, North Texas State University
6. "Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half." Life Magazine, January 1970
7. "We are prospecting for the very last of our resources and using up the nonrenewable things many times faster than we are finding new ones." Martin Litton, Sierra Club director
8. "Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian Institute, believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct." Sen. Gaylord Nelson
And people actually LISTEN to these morons? When WILL we learn that actions speak louder than words when picking our leaders and a PhD doesn't necessarily make someone an expert in anything other than they were able to take a test or two but ain't necessarily a genius.
Seeing that clowns like John Holdren could yammer such stupidity, write such crapulence in his book, and then become Zero's "science" czar is proof positive that while cream rises to the top, so does the scum.
Your last line is absolutely true.
These same clowns were yapping about the impending ice age that was due to hit in the 80's. When that scheme didn't work then they went on to Global Warming. When that didn't sell they called it Climate Change... that way they can blame everything on human activity no matter what happens so the research dollars will keep coming in.
Always follow the money.
Got news for all these assholes. If good ol' Gaia could shake off the DINOSAURS,she could GODDAMN sure shake US off as well. Planet is what,4and a half BILLION years old,hell, we ain't even a blink of the eye as far as the planet is concerned.Simply amazing that SOME of mankind think THEY can change the place. Stunningly stupid are they. Happy Easter,y'all.ReplyDelete
It appears that the liberals thought that "Soylent Green" was a documentary.ReplyDelete
Although 1984 seems more their speed.
I coined a phrase for this stupidity many years ago.ReplyDelete
I call it,
"The Chicken Little Syndrome."
Libs are good for two things. Trying to control us and grubbing for other people's money.
My favorite is the one from that idiots Watts and the nitrogen build up! Evidently, these elements can combine to be over 100% of the makeup of the atmosphere! P.T. Barnum was right about liberals and their fellow lemmings.
I wonder if the Omega Man was made for the sake of the libs, with them as the freaks and Heston as, of course, we right-wing gun owners! haha
It is a wonder that libs aren't as dumb as domestic turkeys in a rain storm, looking up at where the drops are coming from and drowning.
Something I just picked up on over at TH newsletter.ReplyDelete
Earth Day is on Lenin's birthday.
Earth Day was founded on the anniversary of Lenin's birth.
There ain't no such thing as a coincidence.
The hypocrite in chiefReplyDelete
So a few of you really do not think that we can any effect on the earth we live in. Your right we have been on this planet for only a blink of an eye when looking at its entire age. But you CANNOT deny that since the industrial revolution C02 production has risen to levels that would previously be explained by catastrophic events. We are having an effect on our earth weather you like to admit it or not.ReplyDelete
Was that a satirial post or are you serious? The Medieval Warm Period blew the globull warming BS right out of the water. As far as the weather patterns go, for example, all of those hurricanes they keep predicting...when does that happen? BTW, more CO2 equals better plant growth through thingy called photosynthesis. You know, plants take in CO2 and give out O2.
Lastly, why has your tin god OwlGore avoided all debates with Lord Monckton?
Libs and commies, one and the same.
Google "Krackatoa" and see what can have a significant effect on global temperatures.
If the volcano under Yellowstone goes, that will have an impact.
The effect of man is small compared to nature.
ah yes, the candidate that could not carry his own state.
Those who knew him best , liked him less.